Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Magic of Spring


I went into the forest today. The sun was shining from a clear blue sky, and there was a scent of spring in the air. As I was walking I heard the sound of wild geese approaching, so I stopped and looked into the sky. And there they were, thousands upon thousands of wild geese. They just kept coming. Over my head every new group flew a circle before continuing on their way. Every now and then I saw the sun glisten of their bodies. The beauty and power of the drama was intense and tears streamed down my cheeks. I felt infinite hope and peace and a whole new trust for my future.

In the collective cries of the many thousands of wild geese, I could hear the one voice of infinity. Calm and strong, the words barely decipherable. I think I will know them this night in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment