Saturday, January 3, 2009

Time


Time must be the trickiest player of all. It has a life and a will of its own. We measure it, control it, decide over it and plan it...but it doesn't function that way, does it?
When we are waiting or unhappy or in pain time slows down to a barely noticable crawl. Even if we try to fill the time with things to do, it doesn't go any faster, but we get more done in this time than would seem normally possible.
When we are in a hurry, stressed, excited or having fun...time flies. Before we know it the time is up and we hardly got started.
I have spent 1 and a half day in a time-crawl because I was sad and angry. At one point I couldn't stand it anymore and decided to let it go since I could do nothing about it. It was anyway out of my control. The second I made the decision, time started going back to normal (not fast, just normal) and I got through the long horrific day without too much pain.
I don't know if I am as good at slowing down time. When I enjoy something/someone I am so constantly and fully in the moment, so time somehow ceases to matter.

So what does this mean? Time is the one thing we are really agreed on that it is controlled, and we find that it is not. So don't ever think that there is such a thing as control. Go with the flow, loosen up and allow yourself to be all there. Remember....time flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment