Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lifestyle

Lifestyle as in food and movement!
Stopped smoking almost a year ago (after 35 years!!!). One day I knew that was the day...and it was. I payed attention to my eating since I REALLY DID NOT WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT. Did it work? No. I gained and gained. Nothing I did seemed to be able to reverse the "enlargening" movement. It was horrible. My mantra that kept me together was: "I am not smoking..." over and over again. Finally I stopped gaining at +6kg.
On top of that I had constant muscular aches, very low energy-levels and my digestive system broke down completely. I had an analysis done that showed very high levels of heavy metals, especially quicksilver (from cigarettes) in my system. Detoxing from smoking was making me sick and I was in bad shape.

At this point I started checking out nutrition and excersice - all kinds. Since I don't have the time or the inclination to go to a gym, I had to find something I could do at home. I got together quite some good programs that shaped me up using only bodyweight. I did detox with herbs and aloe vera. I used an elimination (detox) diet and I tried every known exercise form. I am slowly growing smaller, but I have realized that my body needs time to heal, and I will not get back to normal until my body is good and ready...otherwise I would be the fittest and best-toned woman around by now. My energy-levels are up, the aches and pains are gone and my digestive system is slowly building up to normal.
What I have found is:
Nutrition; just keep everything in balance. It is good to start a elimination-diet to become aware of how your body reacts to different food-stuffs. And to learn to eat well.
Exercise; you can have nice every-day exersice programs that you do at home every or every second day. They need not be very long or complicated.

I have searched the net, talked to nutritionists and trainers, tried different programs. I don't believe in diets; I believe in healthy eating. I believe in exercise, but I don't believe it needs to be heavy-duty or time-consuming. I am basically a lazy person who wants to look good. I have found easy ways of doing this. I train every day and I don't feel that I am giving up anything.
Here are some of my sites that I found:

Elimination diet:
www.daxmoy-pts.co.uk/index.asp
check under flap for "free stuff" and elimination diet.

The best exercize for women, tones your body, helps with posture, minor back-problems and energy. Fits every age and person. This is my basic work-out:
www.t-tapp.com/home/

Good trainingtips and advice from a friend of mine:
www.getfit.lu

Free gifts of trainingprograms, nutrition, health etc, starting the 10 of december:
www.12daysoffitness.com/

Enjoy feeling healthy, strong, energetic and beautiful. Be the best you can!

1 comment:

  1. Du är så himla stark ANNA! Själv ska jag gå tillväga åt andra ¨hållet; Gå ner i vikt först och sen sluta röka.... haha! Ses om en dryg månad! tack för tipsen förresten, jag förstod inte mycket, men lite i alla fall.
    Stor kram

    ReplyDelete