Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Learning

I have as a motto to learn at least one new thing per day. It may be something very trivial or life-changingly important. Todays new thing, so far, is important but boring; how to know my "caisse maladie" and what / when to pay into it. I sent them a letter...and a fax - just to be on the safe side. I stuck a piece of paper with all their details on my wall next to the desk. For now, until I know it by heart:-)
Living in a new country with new languages offers many odd situations. Since everything is new, the systems are different and the language barely understood it is like stepping back to early youth. Like the first years of leaving home; how do I pay a bill? Where is my bank? What does that mean? And why? So I can spend many days here being proud of all the "new" things I have learned, even though it is the second time around in my life - so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment