Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Morning Mood

This morning I woke up feeling low, un-energetic and bored. The skies were grey, old snow was slowly melting, turning into grey-brown slush. Oh to stay in bed and forget all about today.
Depressed, low, bored...
Too easy to get stuck there; beginning to feel sorry for myself, too much empty time to fill, lots to do and no inclination to do it. Boohoohoo.
So I got up and decided to give this new day a chance; Exercise...that is a good pick-me-up. Music makes the heart expand and puts a smile on my face. Colourful eyeshadow...why not? Pretty clothes, mood way up there and 2 espressos later I booted my computer:
Good News!!! Plenty good news; yes to my tender, yes to my powerlunch, yes to my day of massage, yes to interesting meetings...yes, yes, yes!
On the private side there were plenty of touching, funny and loving notes from friends and family dear to my heart.
Today could also have been the choice to stay in bed with a hot water bottle, a good book and a cup of tea. Or maybe with my computer - to write those pending articles. That would have been a divine day as well.

It only goes to show that every day is a possibility for something wonderful if we just give it a chance. We are all responsible for our own moods and how we choose to interpret things. We can choose to make every day special in its own way. And I do believe in the magnetic power of attraction. A smile is like the sun on a grey day, today I was the sun on the grey day.

No comments:

Post a Comment