Friday, November 14, 2008

Miracles

Religious mumbo jumbo? Walking on water? Walking on fire? I know people who walk on fire. I even know a little boy who easily walked back and forth on fire, dancing on it. Or rather, glowing coals - a 5 meter long and 1,5m wide bed of glowing coals. He was 8 years old at the time. Jesus? No, just a boy - the son of a very dear friend. He saw the coal-walking and said with such surity: "I want to do that". His mother, who is a very understanding woman, said "of course, my darling." Contrary to the adults doing the fire-walking, the boy didn't need any preparation at all. He took of his shoes, rolled up his trouserlegs and with a look of fierce concentration he walked upon the bed of glowing coals. Halfway over a wide smile spread over his face. After that he walked again and again. Miracle?

Everything is possible and limitless. Children live in limitlessness, therefore they can do things which most adults would never believe possible. In many cultures children have a semi-god-like status because of this.
All adults had this limitlessness, we were all children. What happened?

I believe in miracles, and they happen to me all the time. From the tiniest, most insignificant thing to huge obvious matters. I notice them all, and I give thanks for them all.
Recently I had a miracle happen to me:
My washingmachine broke down and I found a new one on an ad. I went to get it and brought it home. Once it was plugged in, I started a wash. The machine made the most horrific noise and burned, very stinkingly. I was devastated. All this work and the money I could ill afford. I called the people who very kindly said they would of course give me back my money. Next day I found a brand new machine for slightly more money. I bought it, brought it home and installed it.
Now I had 2 ugly machines which I didn't know what to do with sitting outside the house. I could not afford to have them taken away, and I didn't know where to take them myself, nor when. Besides which they were blocking my door and the next morning at 10 am I had a very important client coming to see me, and the machines didn't add to the good impression I wanted to make.
The next morning at nine o'clock my doorbell rang. Outside stood an old man with his assistant and a truck on the road. He asked me very kindly if they could have my 2 useless washin-machines, please. (These men were of course angels of miracle - unbeknownst to them.)

Now interestingly enough. When I tell this story most people say "Oh, what bad luck". Only a few see the real story and say "Wow, you are so lucky!"

1 comment: